- Academy of Culinary Education - Woodland HillsThe first class in our Western Culinary Trail Series - Middle Eastern Food - where Western Cuisine started. The Menu will be: Cardamon Cookies, Chicken Tagine, Egyptian Bread Pudding, Israeli Chopped Salad, Israeli Couscous, Lavash, Pomegranate Blast,July 2–30, 2015
- Academy of Culinary Education - Woodland HillsWeek Two features Greek Food which strongly influenced Italian Food. Menu: Greek Bechamel Sauce, Greek Pizza Rolls, Lemon Rice Pilaf, Mediterranean Vegetable Salad, Pastitsio (Greek Meat and Macaroni Pie), Pineapple Baklava, Pita Bread, TsatzikiJuly 9–30, 2015
- Academy of Culinary Education - Woodland HillsWeek Three of the Western Culinary Trail Series featuring Italian Food. The Menu will be: Chicken Piccata, Foccacia, Fruit Lasagna, Italian Antipesto, Italian Sodas, Marinara Basil Sauce, Olive Oil and Garlic for PastaJuly 16–30, 2015
- Academy of Culinary Education - Woodland HillsWestern Culinary Trail - Week Four - THE FOODS OF FRANCE - Menu consists of: Butter Lettuce Salad with French Vinaigrette, Coq Au Vin, French Egg White Baguettes, French Onion Soup, Coquilles Saint Jacqes (Garlic Scallops), Haricot Vert, Pastry Cream, SaJuly 23–30, 2015
- Academy of Culinary Education - Woodland HillsWeek Five of the Western Culinary Trail Series - we will figuratively cross the Atlantic and prepare the food New England including early American Recipes and Modern Day Ones as well. The Menu will be: Boston Clam Chowder, Boston Cream Pie, Corn FritterJuly 30, 2015 – July 30, 2015
BROWNIES! What are they?
Well, it depends on what you are looking at. Brownies can be Jr. Girl Scouts or they can be a Baked Good, specifically Bar Cookies usually made from Chocolate, hence the name ‘Brownies. There are many different kinds of Brownies but of course the ‘Fudgy’ ones are the most popular. Even so, variety is the ‘Spice of Life’ and why not in Brownies.
How many varities are there? As many as people want to dream up! Here a few listed below and you may even find a recipe for one or two in the Recipe Section/Baked Goods/Cookies in this Blog!
Blond Brownies blond-brownies/
Brazilian Brownies brazilian-brownies/
Cream Cheese Brownies
Fudge Brownies fudge-brownies/
Mac Nut Brownies
Peanut Butter Brownies
Rocky Road Brownies
White Chocolate Brownies
Blond Brownies: made with Light Brown Sugar to give a golden color – Chocolate Chips stirred in at the end.
Brazilian Brownies: Chocolate Brownies made with Cocoa and with chopped Brazil Nuts added at the end.
Butterscoth Brownies: 2-layered Brownie made with Butterscotch and Chocolate Chips. Each kind of Chip is melted and blended into half the Batter and then the Batters are layered in the pan before being baked.
Cream Cheese Brownies: made with a Cream Cheese Batter and a Chocolate Batter – swirled to give a ‘marbled effect’.
Fudge Brownies: are just what the name implies: a very Fudgy-like Brownies – great for Chocolate Lovers!
Mac-Nut Brownies: your favorite Brownie Recipe made with chopped Macadamia Nuts.
P-Nut Butter Brownies: Chocolate Brownies with swirls of Peanut Butter
Rocky Road Brownies: Chocolate Brownies with Nuts and Marshmallows
White Chocolate: made with White Chocolate instead of dark.
Whichever Brownies you like, they are fast and easy to make. Try one of the recipes above today, or tomorrow.