- Alternately: To add two ingredients, one after the other in small amounts.
- Blend: to completely mix two or more ingredients together.
- Briskly: quickly and forcefully.
- Combine: to mix two or more ingredients together.
- Cream: to mix butter and sugar together until the mixture is soft and creamy.
- Full boil: when the total surface of a liquid is bubbling rapidly.
- Hulls: stem and leaves of strawberries.
- Incorporated: completely mixed.
- Knead: to fold and turn dough to develop the gluten (Protein)
- Preheat: to bring the temperature of an oven or cooking vessel to the proper
degrees before baking or cooking.
- Simmer: when the surface of a liquid is gently bubbling; done over low heat.
- Split: to cut a biscuit into two equal halves; as if cutting a hamburger bun.
- Stir: to mix in a circular motion.
- Well: an indentation in a flour mixture which is large enough to hold liquid.
- Whip: to beat cream until it is very thick.