¾ lb. diced, cooked Chicken Breast ½ can Water Chestnuts
2 Tbsps. Soy Sauce 2 Scallions
2 thin slices Ginger Root Cold Water
1 cup Bean Sprouts 1 pkg. Wonton Wrappers
- Finely mince the ginger Root, and chop the Water Chestnuts and Bean Sprouts.
- Dice the Scallion.
- Mix together the diced Chicken, Soy Sauce, Ginger Root, Water Chestnuts,
- Bean Sprouts and Scallion.
- Cover a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and spread out as many Wonton Wrappers as will fit.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the filling just below the center of each wrapper.
- Dip your finger or a pastry brush in a cup of Cold Water and moisten the edges of the Wrappers.
- Fold the Wonton in half diagonally and press the edges together. Next take two ends and press them together.
- Place each finished Wonton on a parchment covered tray and cover with a dry towel.
- Fill a large saucepot with water and bring to a boil.
- Carefully add the Wontons to the boiling water and cook until they come to the top of the water; (they will take about 3 minutes to cook)
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon, wire basket or strainer; be sure to allow the excess water to drain off.
* NOTE: The Wontons may also be fried in very hot deep oil; be sure to drain them well on paper towels before serving.
SERVE with one or all of the following sauces:
Sweet and Sour, Soy Sauce, Ketchup mixed with Hot Chinese Mustard or Plum Sauce.
YIELD: Approx. 50 Wontons