(This is a must in Argentinean Cuisine, much as Salsa is in Mexican. The Key Ingredient in Chimichurri is curly parsley and in Salsa, it is Cilantro, a flat leaf parsley. The recipe below is basic as everyone who makes it adds their own touch. Enjoy it as a marinade, a basting sauce or a condiment)
1 bunch fresh Parsley 1 tsp. crushed Black Pepper
4 cloves Garlic 2 tsps. Dried Oregano
2 Bay Leaves 1 tsp. Salt
½ Cup Olive Oil 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 ½ cups Red Wine Vinegar
1. Wash, dry and mince the Parsley Leaves; discard the stems.
2. Peel and mince the Garlic.
3. Remove the stems and spines from the Bay Leaves; crush the Leaves.
4. Combine all the ingredients in a 1 quart jar; cover and shake vigorously.
5. Use as a marinade for roasted and grilled meats and/or as a condiment at the table.
Yield: Approx. 2 ½ cups