This recipe comes from the cook at a small Inn in Sevilla, Spain.
The Processor instructions are my innovation.
1 (1 ½ “) slice French Bread 2 Tbsps. Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic 1 Pickling Cucumber
4 medium-size ripe Tomatoes 1 ½ cups Ice Water
1 GreenBellPepper 1 tsp. Salt
¼ cup Red Wine or Cider Vinegar
- Steel Blade – Break the Bread into 4 pieces and process until it is finely pulverized. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Peel the Garlic and turn the processor on; while the processor is running, drop the Garlic Cloves in through the small feed tube opening.
- Remove the core from the Tomatoes and cut in half; add to the workbowl and PULSE until they are coarsely chopped. Transfer the Tomatoes and Garlic to the mixing bowl.
- Remove the stem and seeds from the Bell Pepper and cut into 4 pieces; add to the workbowl and PULSE until coarsely chopped.
- Thick Slicing Blade – slice the Cucumbers.
- French-Fry Blade (6 x6 mm) – re-slice the Cucumber slices – this will result in a dice. (If the pieces are too large, replace the French-Fry Blade with the steel knife and pulse once or twice.)
- Add the Red Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil and Ice Water and Salt to the Tomato mixture; mix well.
- Make 4 large servings or 6 smaller ones. (The Gazpacho may be stored in the refrigerator for later use or served immediately.)