12 – 18 Large Mushrooms 6 oz. Crabmeat or chopped Spinach
2 Tbsps. unsalted Butter 1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
2 Tbsps. All-Purpose Flour 1 tsp. Paprika
1 cup Milk or Cream
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. White Pepper
- Clean the Mushrooms, remove and chop the stems.
- Squeeze the excess moisture out of the Crabmeat or Spinach; set aside.
- Melt the Butter in a small saucepan over low heat; add the Flour and stir until a smooth paste forms.
- Slowly add the Milk or Cream and continue stirring until the mixture almost comes to a boil and has thickened.
- Add the Salt and Pepper; stir in the Crab Meat or Spinach and chopped Mushroom stems.
- Place the Mushroom Caps on a Jelly Roll Pan or Ceramic Baking Dish. Fill with the Creamed Mixture, top with grated Cheese and sprinkle with Paprika.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until the filling is hot and the cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
YIELD: 6 – 9 Servings