1 Cup All-Purpose Flour 4 large Apples
2 tsps. Baking Powder ½ cup Sugar
¼ cup Sugar 2 tsps. Cinnamon
¼ cup Butter, softened 2 Tbsps. Butter
2 Tbsps. Water
- Combine the Flour, Baking Powder and the Sugar.
- Cut in the Butter with a pastry blender or rub it in with your fingers.
- Add the Egg and Water and mix them in with a fork. (If necessary, you may use your hands to mix the Dough until it is smooth, but not sticky)
- Cover the Dough and place in the refrigerator while you prepare the Apples.
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Core and peel the Apples; slice ¼” thick or use the 6mm blade in the Food Processor.
- Take half of dough and roll on floured surface to the size of pan. (10 x 10”)
- Place dough in pan.
- Spread apple slices evenly over surface.
- Cover apples with 1/2 cup of Sugar and about 2 tsps. of Cinnamon.
- Cut the 2 Tbsps. Butter into small pieces and place evenly over apple mixture. 12. Roll out second half of dough and lay over the top of apples.
- Press sides together.Sprinkle top with coarse Sugar and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve with warm Vanilla Sauce.