BANANA BRAN MUFFINS
1 cup Flour 1 Egg, beaten
¾ tsp. Baking Soda 2 Tbsps. Buttermilk
½ tsp. Salt 2 cups mashed Bananas
1 tsp. ground Cinnamon 1 cup All-Bran
2 Tbsps. Butter
¼ cup Brown Sugar
- Sift together the Flour, Baking Soda, Salt and Cinnamon.
- Cream the Butter with the Brown Sugar until fluffy.
- Add the Egg, Buttermilk, and mashed Bananas. Beat until the Bananas are well incorporated. (This may be done in a food processor)
- Add the Bran to the Butter/Sugar mixture and allow to stand until the Bran is softened. (This will take about 5-10 minutes)
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan (or a 6 cup giant muffin pan) with Vegetable Spray and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a for to stir in the Flour mixture, only until all the Dry Ingredients are incorporated. (DO NOT OVERMIX!)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. For Giant Muffins, bake 30-35 minutes.
Yield: 12 regular or 6 giant Muffins