2 cups All-Purpose flour 2 Eggs
1/2 tsp. Salt 5/8 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda 1/2 cup melted Butter
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder 1 -1/3 cups ripe Banana mashed with
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. Cloves 1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup chopped Macadamia Nuts
- Grease one large loaf pan or 12 muffin cups; dust lightly with sugar and set aside;
- Set oven rack at middle position; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Cloves; mix together in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat Eggs with paddle beater in electric mixer just until well-blended..
- Slowly add the Sugar and continue beating until all the Sugar is beaten in.
- Lower speed to 1 and gradually add the melted Butter; turn speed back up to high and continue beating until well-blended.
- Add the prepared Fruit-and Vanilla; mix at low speed until well combined.
- Slowly add the Flour mixture to the Egg mixture while still beating at low speed. Mix until well-combined.
- Stir in the chopped Macadamia Nuts.
- Pour into the greased pan and bake for 40 min. (20 min for muffins) or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean and dry.
- Cool on rack for 15-20 minutes; loosen bread from sides of pan with metal spatula and turn out on cooling rack. Let stand until completely cool. Wrap and store or slice and serve.
Note: This Bread is also good served with Cream Cheese Frosting