3 cups All-Purpose Flour 1/2 cup Soft Butter
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder 1 cup Buttermilk
¼ tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Cream of Tartar
2 tsps. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
- Adjust oven racks to positions 2 & 4 and turn oven to 450 degrees; lightly grease two baking pans.
- Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cream of Tartar and Salt in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Cut the Butter into the Flour with a pastry blender until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal.
- Gently mix the shredded Cheese into the Flour Mixture.
- Sprinkle the Milk over the Flour mixture and stir with a fork until all the Flour is moist.
- Stir until the dough is soft and shape into a ball.
- Turn out onto a board which has been lightly sprinkled with Flour and knead gently for 30 seconds.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out to 1/2” thickness; cut out with round or square biscuit cutters.
- Place on the prepared pans and bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown.
YIELD: 12 Biscuits