1 loaf Italian or French Bread
½ lb. Softened Butter
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- Slice the Bread in half lengthwise; but into 2” slices being careful NOT TO CUT ALL THE WAY TO THE CRUST. (The loaf should still remain together after being sliced)
- Mix the Garlic and Butter well, using either an electric mixer or food processor.
- Place the Bread on a cookie sheet; spread the Garlic Butter on the top surface of the bread with a short, broad spatula (sandwich spreader)
- Sprinkle with Paprika. (Paprika is a browning agent and helps the bread to brown more quickly and even.
- Place the pans with the loaves in a 400-degree oven and bake until the Butter is melted and the tops begin to brown. For additional browning, place directly under the broiler for a minute or two. (If you do this, be sure to watch the bread carefully as it can burn very quickly under the broiler)