1 recipe Pizza Dough 1 each, Red & Green Bell Pepper
Diced Jalapenos 1 Stick Chorizo (Mex. Sausage)
1 cup crushed Tomatoes ¼ lb. Sharp Cheddar
1 cup Mex. Tomato Salsa ½ lb. Jack Cheese
Oregano, to taste Red Onion (optional)
Salt & Pepper, to taste Ripe Avocado (garnish)
Olive Oil Sour Cream (garnish)
- Prepare the Dough about 1-½ hours before serving time; add 2 Tbsps. diced Jalapeno Peppers to the Water before adding the Flour and Salt.
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom oven rack. Preheat at 500 degrees for at least one half hour before cooking time.
- Shred the Cheese; cover and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Remove the Chorizo from the casing and cook; drain the grease; set aside.
- Wash, dry and seed the Bell Peppers; slice into ¼” slices and set aside.
- After the dough has risen, punch down and shape into a round ball; let rest 5 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle the surface of a pizza peel with Cornmeal.
- Flatten the ball of Dough and stretch or roll to fit the pizza peel; make the edges of the Crust thick and the center thin.
- Combine the crushed Tomatoes with the Salsa.
- Spread the Tomato mixture over the surface of the Crust, leaving about 1” of the outer crust free. Sprinkle with Oregano and Salt and Pepper.
- Sprinkle the cooked Chorizo over the Tomatoes.
- Spread the shredded Cheeses evenly over the Pizza; top with the sliced Bell peppers; if desired add thinly sliced Red Onion and diced Jalapeno Peppers.
- Slide the Pizza onto the stone and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is a dark brown and the Cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven by using the peel as a spatula; serve with Sour Cream and Avocado slices as optional garnishes.