MUFFINS WITH CANDIED ORANGE PEEL
¾ cup unsalted Butter, softened Swedish Pearl Sugar or
1 ½ cups Granulated Sugar Demarara Sugar
1 tsp. Orange or Lemon Extract
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
¼ tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
¼ cup Orange Juice
½ cup finely shredded Coconut
1 cup Candied Orange Peel
- Adjust oven shelves to 2nd & 4th Positions and heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Either spray 2 muffins pans (24 cups in all) or line with paper muffins cups.
- In a large bowl, cream the Butter with the Sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Stir in the Extract.
- Add the Eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. (Note: If using a food processor or electric mixer, the eggs may be added all at one time)
- Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt; add to the Creamed mixture.
- Mix just until all the ingredients are combined; stir in the Orange Juice, Coconut and Candied Orange Peel.
- Scoop into the prepared pans, filling each indentation just a little more than half way.
- If desired, sprinkle a spoonful of either the Pearl Sugar or the Demarara Sugar (raw sugar) over the tops of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cool on a wire rack; plate and cover the muffins with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Yield: 24 Muffins