3 cups All-Purpose flour 2 cups shredded or pureed Persimmon
1 tsp. Salt 1 cup dried Cranberries or Seedless Raisins
1 tsp. Baking Soda 3 Eggs
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder 1 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon 1 cup Vegetable Oil or melted Butter*
1 tsp. Almond Extract
1. Either Grease or line two muffin pans (24 muffins total)
- Set oven rack at middle position; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure Flour, Salt, Baking Soda and Cinnamon; mix together in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat Eggs with paddle beater in electric mixer just until well-blended.
- Slowly add the Sugar and continue beating until all the Sugar is beaten in.
- Lower speed to 1 and gradually add the Oil; turn speed back up to high and continue beating until well-blended.
- Add the prepared Fruit and Vanilla; mix at low speed until well combined.
- Slowly add the Flour mixture to the Egg mixture while still beating at low speed. When all of the ingredients have been well combined pour into the greased pans and bake for 40 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean and dry.
- Cool on rack for 15-20 minutes; loosen bread from sides of pan with metal spatula and turn out on cooling rack. Let stand until completely cool.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. These muffins are good for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.