PUMPKIN CRANBERRY MUFFINS
3 cups All-Purpose flour 2 cups Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp. Salt 3 Eggs
1 tsp. Baking Soda 2 cups Sugar
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder 1 cup Vegetable Oil or Melted unsalted Butter
1 tsp. Cinnamon 1 tsp. Orange Flower Water (optional)
1 tsp. Ginger * 1 cup dried Cranberries or Golden Raisins
- Grease or spray muffin cups. Set oven racks to positions # 2 & 4; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Ginger; mix together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat Eggs with paddle beater in electric mixer just until well blended.
- Slowly add the Sugar and continue beating until all the Sugar is beaten in.
- Lower speed to #1 and gradually add the Oil; turn speed back up to high and continue beating until well blended.
- Add the pureed Pumpkin and Orange Flower Water; mix at low speed until well combined.
- Slowly add the Flour mixture to the Egg mixture while still beating at low speed. When all of the ingredients have been well-combined, stir in the Cranberries.
- Fill the muffin indentations halfway; bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean and dry.
- Cool on rack for 5-10 minutes; turn pans over onto the cooling rack. The muffins should come right out. If not, gently tap the pan on the back.
* I also add 1/4 tsp. ground Cloves which enhances the flavor overall
Yield: Approx. 18 Muffins