1 Honey Pie Pumpkin
2 cups All-Purpose Flour 1 ½ cups Milk
4 tsps. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Salt Oil for Deep Frying
4 Tbsps. Sugar
2 tsps. ground Cinnamon
½ tsp. ground Cloves Maple Syrup for Serving
1 tsp. Nutmeg
½ tsp. ground Ginger or 2 tsps. minced fresh Ginger
- Cut a small portion from the top of the Pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- Slice the Pumpkin into fourths; use a serrated paring knife to remove the skin.
- Wash each Pumpkin quarter, being sure to remove any fibrous threads still attached. Cut each quarter in half again.
- Use the food processor fitted with the medium-slicing blade to shred each Pumpkin piece. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Sugar and Spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the Eggs with the Milk; beat in the Flour mixture and continue beating until the mixture is smooth.
- To cook the Fritters, fill a wok with about 3-4 inches of oil or use a deep fryer (follow manufacturers directions). Heat the oil to 375.
- Add the shredded Pumpkin to the Batter and gently mix until all the Pumpkin is well coated.
- Line a pan with paper towels or paper bags turned inside out.
- Use a tablespoon or food scoop to gently and carefully drop the Battered Pumpkin into the Hot Oil.
- Cook the Fritters until they become slightly darker than golden brown. Cook on both sides, then drain on the
- Serve while still warm with pure Maple Syrup or Honey.
Yield – Apprx. 6-8 Servings