4 cups Bread Flour
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
3 Tbsps. Tomato Powder *
1 Tbsp. Dry Granulated Yeast
1 ½ tsps. Salt
¼ cup unsalted Butter, softened
½ cup shredded Gruyere or Parmesan
2 Tbsps. Sundried Tomatoes
2 Whole Eggs
1 Tbsp. Honey
- Fit food processor with the dough blade.
- Place the Bread and Wheat Flour along with the Tomato Powder into the processor workbowl.
- Add the Tomato Powder, Yeast and Salt; run just to combine and aerate the dry ingredients.
- Add the Butter, Cheese and Sundried Tomatoes and run just to blend.
- Crack the Eggs into a 2 cup measuring cup and add enough warm water to equal 1 ½ cups. Add the Honey to the Egg/Water mixture.
- Turn the processor on and remove the small feed tube; while the processor is running, slowly add the liquid ingredients. (If the dough is too dry, add additional liquid by the Tablespoon. If the Dough is too dry, add additional flour by the Tablespoon.
- Once the Dough has formed, run for 1 minute to complete the kneading process.
- Place the Dough in a greased bowl covered with plastic wrap or a clean dish towel and place in a warm area until it has doubled in bulk. (About 1 hour)
- Once the Dough has doubled, punch it down and place on a pastry board.
- Flatten the Dough into a rectangle and then fold in the long sides to the middle. Fold in half again and press to hold together.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and cover with a clean dish towel or plastic wrap and allow to raise until doubled in bulk. (30-45 minutes)
- Adjust the oven rack to the lowest position and preheat to 375 degrees.
- Uncover the Bread and place in the oven; check after 20 minutes.
- The bread should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. If the bread is not done, check at 5 minute intervals until it is fully baked.
- Remove to a cooling rack. Slice with a bread knife (serrated knife)
*1 6 oz. can Tomato Paste may be substituted for the Tomato Powder.
Add the paste along with the Butter.
Yield: Approximately 1 (1 ½ lb.) loaf