½ cup shelled Brazil Nuts
2 Tbsps. Sugar
3/8 (1/4 cup + 2 Tbsps.) cup unsalted Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
½ cup Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
½ cup Cocoa
1 Tbsp. Milk
- Place the Nuts along with the 2 Tbsps. Sugar in a food processor and PULSE just until the Nuts are roughly chopped; set aside.
- Cream the Butter with the remaining Sugar and Eggs. Be sure to mix until all the ingredients are well-blended.
- Combine the Flour with the Baking Powder andCocoa; add to the Butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the Milk and the chopped Nuts.
- Grease an 8” square baking pan; spoon the Batter into to the prepared pan.
- Bake in an oven which has been preheated to 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cut into 16 pieces and serve. Wrap any leftover pieces in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
Yield: 16 – 2” squares