3 cups sifted Cake Flour 1 tsp. Vanilla
3 tsps. Baking Powder 1 cup Milk
½ tsp. Salt 3 whole Eggs
½ cup unsalted Butter
1 ½ cups Brown Sugar Salted Caramel Frosting salted-caramel-frosting/
- Line two cupcake pans with paper cups; adjust the oven racks to the 2nd & 4th positions and turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- Sift the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together.
- Cream the Shortening together with the Sugar and Vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the Eggs, one at a time; be sure to fully incorporate the first Egg before adding the second one.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients in small amounts, alternately with the Milk. Beat well after each addition.
- Fill the cups a little more than half full; tap the filled pans gently on the counter to eliminate air bubbles.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.
- After the Cupcakes have cooled for about 10 minutes, carefully remove them from the pans and place on a cooling rack.
- Frost with Salted Caramel Frosting.
Yield: Approx. 24 Cupcakes