2 cups All-Purpose Flour 4 Eggs
1 tsp. Baking Powder 1 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda ½ cup Vegetable Oil
1 tsp. Salt 3 cups shredded Carrots
1 tsp. ground Cinnamon ½ cup unsweetened Coconut, shredded
½ tsp. ground Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting
- Combine the Flour with the Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon and ground Ginger.
- Using either a food processor equipped with the chopping blade or a standing mixer equipped with the paddle beater, beat the Eggs for one minute or until well combined.
- Add the Sugar and beat until the Sugar is well-combined with the Eggs.
- Stir in the Vegetable Oil, shredded Carrots and shredded Coconut.
- Stir in the Flour mixture; beat until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with a Vegetable Coating.
- Alternatively use muffin tins which have been sprayed or lined with cupcake papers.
- The pans should be a little more than half full.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- For Cupcakes, bake 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the Cupcake pans.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting, frostings/cream-cheese-frosting/ if desired or just serve unfrosted.
Yield: 12 – 15 Servings or 12 Giant Muffins, 24 normal size muffins or 48
Variation: combine shredded Red Beets or Golden Beets with the Carrots
One cup Raisins or Currants may be stirred in at the end of the