Classic White Cupcakes
3 cups sifted Cake Flour 1 tsp. Vanilla
3 tsps. Baking Powder 1 cup Milk
½ tsp. Salt ¼ cup (about 4) Egg Whites
½ cup Vegetable Shortening
1 ½ cups Sugar
- Line two cupcake pans with paper cups; adjust the oven racks to the 2nd & 4th positions and turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- Sift the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together.
- Cream the Shortening together with the Sugar and Vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients in small amounts, alternately with the Milk. Beat well after each addition.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the Egg Whites until they form soft peaks; gently fold the beaten Whites into the Cake Batter.
- Fill the cups a little more than half full; tap the filled pans gently on the counter to eliminate air bubbles.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.
- After the Cupcakes have cooled for about 10 minutes, carefully remove them from the pans and place on a cooling rack.
- Frost with Butter Cream or Chocolate Frosting and decorate as desired.
Yield: Approx. 24 Cupcakes