ROYAL FROSTING FOR COOKIE PAINTING
4 ½ cups (1lb.2 oz. ) Powdered Sugar Disposable Pastry Bags
2 +3/4 Tbsps. + 3/4 tsp. Meringue Powder Metal Decorating Tips
3/8 cup Water Couplers
½ tsp. Vanilla Extract (optional) Paint Brushes
Paste Food Colors
- Whisk the Powdered Sugar and Meringue Powder in bowl to blend.
- Whisk in the Water, adding more if necessary. The frosting should be medium- thick and very smooth
- Divide frosting into ½ cup portions; color as desired using paste food colors.
- Add the color to the frosting with the tip of a toothpick that has been dipped into the color.
- Store unused frosting in tightly wrapped containers.
- If the frosting is too thick, thin out by adding ¼ tsp. of water at a time.
- Either paint the color on the cookies or spread with a small metal spatula.
- When the frosting dries, pipe additional decorations onto the cookies, either using a small metal tip or a plain pastry bag with the tip cut off.
- Allow the cookies to dry several hours before packing or storing.