SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING
½ cup Brown Sugar ¾ cup unsalted Butter
½ cup unsalted Butter 2 cups Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsps. Corn Syrup ¾ tsp. Sea Salt
½ cup Heavy Cream 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
Turbinado Sugar (optional)
- Place the Brown Sugar, ½ cup Butter and the Corn Syrup into a large saucepan over medium heat, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened; 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to warm (not hot) temperature.
- Add the Cream, a little at a time, until the Caramel has the consistency of honey.
- Mix in the pinch of Salt, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the Butter with the Powdered Sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is fluffy.
- Slowly add and beat in the Caramel, a tablespoon at a time, beating until the Frosting is smooth.
- Apply to the cool Cupcakes either with a food scoop and icing spatula or place in a decorating bag with a large ST Star Tip.
Yield: enough frosting for 12 cupcakes
Note: When using a pastry bag, more icing will be needed.