2 Egg Whites
½ tsp. Vanilla
2/3 cup Sugar
1 1/3 cup Macaroon Coconut*
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In an electric mixer, beat the Egg Whites until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the Sugar, Salt and Vanilla, while still beating.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the Coconut (by hand with a rubber spatula).
- Drop the mixture from a tablespoon or use a #60 food scoop; place about 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before using.
YIELD: Approximately 24 Macaroons
* If you cannot find Macaroon Coconut, simply chop the Coconut in a food processor to make smaller shreds. Do not make a meal of it.
Variation: Substitutue 1/2 cup Almond Meal for part of the Coconut and fold in 1/2 cup chopped Candied Cherries. Place half a Candied Cherry on each cookie before