2 large Apples 1 cup Butter, softened
3 cups All-Purpose Flour (Wheat) 2 cups Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Salt ½ Tbsp. Vanilla
2 tsps. Baking Powder 2 Eggs
1 tsp. ground Cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground Cloves 1 cup Seedless Raisins (optional)
¼ tsp. ground Ginger
- Adjust the oven racks to the 2nd and 4th positions and preheat to 375 degrees.
- Peel, core and shred the Apples. (You should have 2 cups)
- Combine the Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Cloves in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the Butter with the Brown Sugar.
- Beat in the Vanilla and Eggs until very well mixed.
- Add the Flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the shredded Apples and the Raisins.
- Drop by the tablespoon (or use a # 60 food scoop) to shape the Cookies.
- Place them on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet, approximately 2 inches
- Bake the Cookies for 20-25 minutes or until a deep golden brown.
- When the Cookies are done, place the pans on cooling racks; when the Cookies are cool, use a spatula to remove them from the pan.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: Approximately 3 ½ dozen cookies