Eagle Brand Sugar Cookies
3 cups Flour
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 cup soft unsalted Butter
2 tsps. Vanilla or 1-1/2 tsps. Almond Extract
- Combine Flour, Baking Powder and Salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the Milk, Butter, Eggs and Flavoring until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Knead the Dough on a floured board to form a smooth ball; divide into three portions.
- Using a rolling pin covered with a stockinet that has been dusted with flour, roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with floured numerical cookie cutters and place 1” apart on greased or parchment covered cookie sheets.
- Brush each cookie with the White of an Egg and sprinkle with the colored Sugar.
- Bake in oven that has been preheated to 350 deg. F for 7 – 9 minutes or until the cookies have slightly browned around the edges; transfer to cooling rack.
- Store in airtight container.