¾ cup unsalted Butter 4 cups Cake Flour
½ cup Brown Sugar 2 tsps. Baking Soda
1 cup Molasses ¼ tsp. Salt
5 Tbsps. boiling Water ½ tsp. ground Cinnamon
2 tsps. grated fresh Ginger
- Cream the Butter together with the Brown Sugar.
- Add the boiling Water to the Molasses and blend together; add to the creamed mixture along with the fresh Ginger. Mix well.
- Sift the dry together and add to the creamed mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill overnight or place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Roll out ¼ of the Dough at a time on a well floured pastry board. Roll the dough 1/8” thick andcut out with round or square cookie cutters. Cut the cookies as closely together as possible.
- (Square cutters will produce less waste)
- Re-roll the scraps once to cut out more cookies.
- Place on parchment covered baking sheets and bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with Granulated Sugar before baking.
Yield: 10 dozen