½ cup unsalted Butter
1 cup granulated Sugar
½ tsp. Vanilla
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
¼ tsp. Salt
1 ½ tsps. Baking Powder
Poppy Seed, Prune or Apricot Filling*
- Cream the Butter together with the Sugar, Eggs and Vanilla.
- Combine the Flour, Salt and Baking Powder; mix well to make a smooth dough.
- Wrap the Dough in plastic wrap, flatten and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll out ¼ of the Dough at a time to a ¼” thickness on a well-floured pastry board.
- Cut out 3” circles with a round cookie cutter or juice glass. (See photo below)
6. Place a scant teaspoon of filling in the center of each Dough Circle.
7. Fold into a triangle over the Filling and pinch the edges together. (See photo below)
8. Place on a greased or parchment covered cookie sheet; bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) until lightly brown. (See photo below)
Yield: approx. 2 ½ dozen
*Fillings can be purchased in the Kosher section of your neighborhood market or you can use any thick jam of your choice.