PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY COOKIES
1 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 tsp. Salt 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Butter 1 Egg
1/2 cup Peanut Butter Strawberry Jelly
- Adjust oven racks to the top and middle (#’s 2 & 4) of the oven; turn thermostat control to 375 degrees.
- Measure the Flour in Dry Measuring Cups.
- Measure the Salt and Baking Soda; combine with the Flour in a small mixing bowl – set aside.
- Beat the Butter until it is creamy; add the Peanut Butter, the Sugars and Vanilla and continue beating until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Egg and beat well.
- Add the Flour mixture to the creamed mixture; blend well.
- Form cookies with a #60 scoop; place 2” apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Using the small end of a melon baller or your thumb, make an indentation (about ½” wide & deep) in the middle of each cookie. (See Photo A below)
- Using a # 70 scoop or a small spoon place a small amount of Jelly in each cookie. (See Photo B below)
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack; cool until firm enough to handle.
YIELD: 2 doz. Cookies