Juice of ½ Lemon
3 Tbsps. Cornstarch
½ cup Sugar
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
Frozen Puff Pastry Dough
1 Beaten Egg + Coarse Sugar
- Thaw the frozen Puff Pastry; adjust the oven shelves to positions 2 & 4 and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and core the Apples; cut into quarters and then cut each quarter into 4 pieces.
- Sprinkle the Lemon Juice over the sliced Apples and gently toss.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl; add to the Apples and gently toss.
- If using frozen Puff Pastry Dough, cut the thawed dough into 6” squares. Arrange the dough squares so that they appear to be triangles.
- Place a spoonful of the Apple filling on the bottom portion of each triangle. Moisten 2 adjacent sides with water, fold the top portion over and crimp the edges together with a fork to seal. Place on an ungreased baking sheet or on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with the beaten Egg and sprinkle with Sugar.
8. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes or until the turnovers are a golden brown.
DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DURING THE FIRST 20 MINUTES OR THE PASTRY
WILL NOT PUFF!
9. Cool on a wire rack.
YIELD: Twelve or more Turnovers