BANANA CREAM PIE TARTS
1/2 cup Sugar 4 Graham Cracker Mini-Crusts*
2 Tbsps. All-Purpose Flour 1 ripe Banana, sliced
2 Tbsps. Cornstarch Whipped Cream
1/8 tsp. Salt
2 Egg Yolks, slightly beaten
1 cup Milk
1 large Banana
2 Tbsps. Lemon Juice
- Blend the Sugar, Flour and Cornstarch together.
- Stir in the Egg Yolks and mix until smooth.
- In a heavy stainless steel saucepan, heat the Milk to a simmer.
- Stir into the Egg mixture until blended; pour all back into the saucepan and cook over high heat stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Remove from the heat when the center bubbles and the Cream has thickened; allow tocool.
- Thoroughly mash the Banana until smooth; stir in the Lemon Juice and stir the mixture into the cooled filling.
- Spoon into a clean bowl, cover and chill until needed.
ASSEMBLING THE TARTS:
8. When the Banana Cream has cooled sufficiently, slice the remaining Banana and fold into the
9. Divide the Custard evenly between the 4 Graham Cracker shells.
10. Refrigerate until set.
11. Serve with Whipped Cream.
Yield: 4 Tarts
* Graham Cracker Pie Shells can be purchased in the baking section of your market or you can make your own from crushed Graham Crackers, Butter and Sugar.