6 cups of sliced Peaches
Juice of ½ Lemon
3 Tbsps. Cornstarch
½ cup Sugar
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
¼ tsp. Almond Extract*
Double Pie Crust
- Peel and pit the Peaches; cut in half then slice into ¼” slices.
- Place in a large mixing bowl; sprinkle with the Lemon Juice, then gently combine with the Sugar, Cornstarch, Cinnamon and Nutmg.
- Roll out half the Pastry and line a 9” pie pan, allowing the dough to hang over the sides.
- Fill the pastry with the Peaches, and then roll out the other half of the dough.
- Fit over the top, trim and crimp the edges; slash the top crust to allow for steam venting.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes on bottom oven rack; lower oven to 375 degrees and move pie to middle of oven. Bake another 15 minutes.
- Brush top crust with beaten egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired, then bake for another 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
Yield – 1 – 9 inch pie (4-6 servings)
*The Almond Extract enhances the flavor of the peaches