Pumpkin Pie in Pecan Crust
1 lb. Shelled Pecans 3 Eggs
¼ cup Granulated Sugar 2 cups mashed Pumpkin
¾ cup Granulated Sugar
1 ½ cups Cream
½ tsp. Salt
¾ tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. ground Ginger
½ tsp. ground Nutmeg
DIRECTIONS: 1/8 tsp. Cloves
- Place the Pecans and Sugar in food processor work bowl fitted with the chopping blade.
- Pulse until Nuts are broken up; then run until a paste forms.
- Pat the Nut paste into pie pan; set aside.
- Using a medium size bowl, beat the Eggs, then add the Pumpkin and mix well.
- Beat in the Sugar, Cream, Salt and Spices.
- Place the pecan-lined pie pan on a jelly roll pan and pour in the filling.
- Bake in preheat oven 375 degrees) for 40 – 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into to the custard 1” from the crust edge comes out clean.
- Serve at room temperature.
Note: The photo on the right is Pumpkin Pie in a Pecan Crust – this is what happens when the oven is too hot. The photo on the left is Pumpkin Pie in a Pastry Crust. This pie was baked at the correct temperature.