ROUGH PUFF PASTRY
3 cups Self-Rising Flour
6 oz. unsalted Butter
3 Tbsps. Ice Water
½ tsp. Salt
- Combine the Flour and Salt. Use a pastry blender to cut the Butter into the Flour.
- Add the Water and mix to a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough out on a floured pastry board.
- Fold the Pastry by bringing the side edges to the middle, and then the top and bottom edges to the middle.
- Press the edges together so that an envelope is formed, keeping the air inside.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, then repeat the folding and rolling process.
- Chill again, then roll out and use as desired.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
Yield – enough for 1 large pie
NOTE: This is a short cut version of puff pastry and should be used as soon after making as possible. It is good for meat and poultry pies.