OLD BONEY MOUNTAIN CAMPFIRE CHILI SOUP
(After we ate this Chili there was still a lot of the cooking liquid left and since it was so rich with flavor I hated to toss it, thus Chili Soup)
1 lb. ground Meat Left over Cooking Liquid
1 Egg 1 cup crushed Tomatoes
1/4 cup diced Onions 1 cup Spiral Pasta
¼ cup Oatmeal Additional Spice as desired
1 clove Garlic, crushed 1 cup Corn Kernels
1 tsp. Salt Minced Cilantro & Diced ripe Avocado
¼ tsp. Black Pepper Shredded Cheese
- Combine the ground Meat with the Onions, Oatmeal, Garlic, Onion, Salt and Pepper.
- Shape into Walnut size (or smaller)
- Add enough Oil to the bottom of a skillet to just cover; heat until the Oil starts to shimmer.
- Carefully place the Meatballs in the Hot Oil and cook until browned – rotating so that all sides are cooked.
- Heat the Cooking liquid with the Crushed Tomatoes until hot and then add the Meatballs; cook for about 30 minutes and then add the Pasta.
- Cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the Pasta is ‘al dente’.
- Add the Corn Kernels and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot as an entrée with minced Cilantro, diced Avocado and shredded Cheese.
- Add a Green Salad and hot French Bread.you have a complete meal.
Serves at least 4
The recipe and Ingredient Packet for the Chili can be found at http://www.oldboneymountainhotsaucecorp.com/