BACON – Cooking – Stovetop & in the Microwave
2 – 3 slices Bacon per person
DIRECTIONS for PAN FRYING:
- Place the Bacon in a cold skillet; turn heat to low and cook slowly, separating the slices as the fat is rendered
- Continue to cook; turn each piece frequently so that the Bacon cooks on both sides.
- As the Bacon browns and becomes crisp, remove from the pan and blot on paper towels.
TO COOK IN THE MICROWAVE:
- Place a double layer of paper towels on a microwave proof plate
- Place each Bacon strip side by side on the paper towels; if necessary, layer the Bacon with 2 paper towels between each layer. Cover the top layer with additional paper towels.
To figure the Cooking time multiply the # of Bacon slices on a single layer by 1 then add 1.
[Ex. 5 slices x 1 minute = 5 minutes + 1 minute = 5 minutes] (Warning! – All Microwaves are not the same, so some adjustment may have to be made. To be on the safe side, try it first at 1 minute for each slice and then add or subtract as needed)
Warning! Extra thick Bacon will take approximately 50% more time to cook!