Indian Corn Waffles
3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
¾ cup Blue, Red or Yellow Cornmeal
½ tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsps. Sugar
½ tsp. Salt
1 cup Sour Milk or Cream
1 cup Whole Kernel Corn (optional)
4 Tbsps. Melted Butter
- Blend the Flour, Cornmeal, Baking Soda, Sugar and Salt together in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- In a larger bowl, beat the Eggs with the Cream until very well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and blend well.
- Stir in the Corn and melted Butter.
- Bake in a hot waffle iron, being sure to follow manufacturer’s directions. (Approx. 2 minutes)
- For lunch or brunch serve with a Cheddar Cheese Sauce.
Yield: (8) 4” square waffles