1 ½ cups Warm Water
1 cup Flour
1 tsp. Yeast (optional)
- Combine the all the Ingredients in a glass bowl; cover with cheese cloth and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 3 days.
- Place in a sterile jar. (dishwasher clean is okay)
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
ROOM TEMPERATURE SOURDOUGH STARTER
- Remove the starter from the refrigerator and measure out the amount of starter called for in the recipe. Set this in a warm 85 degree spot for 1 hour.
- Add enough warm water and All-Purpose Flour in equal parts to the remaining starter to bring it back up to its original level in its storage container. Stir it well and return it to the refrigerator.
- If the recipe calls for more than half of your starter and you desire to use the starter within the next week, it is recommended that the replenished starter be placed in a warm 85 degree spot for 8 to 12 hours before returning it to the refrigerator in order to restore its strength.