STRAWBERRY BELGIAN WAFFLES
1 Pint fresh Strawberries 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
Milk 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
2 Eggs, separated ½ tsp. Salt
1/3 cup melted Butter
- Wash and hull the Berries and puree ; place in a measuring cup and add enough Milk to equal 2 cups; blend in the Egg Yolks and melted Butter.
- Combine the Flour, Baking powder, and Salt in a food processor workbowl fitted with the chopping blade. Add the Berry mixture and blend, using the Pulse Button until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Beat the Egg Whites until stiff; gently fold into the batter.
- Pour about ½ cup batter over each preheated waffle section and bake until the steaming stops; serve with Strawberry Sauce.
Yield: Approx. 4 Servings
1 Pint fresh Strawberries 2 Tbsps. Lemon Juice
1 cup granulated Sugar 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- Wash and hull the Berries; crush with a potato masher and combine with the Sugar.
- Place in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Combine the Lemon Juice and Cornstarch and stir into the sauce; continue to cook and stir until thickened.
Yield: 1 – 1 ½ cups Sauce