Eggs in the Window
EGGS IN THE WINDOW
6 Crumpets or English Muffins
½ lb. Melted Butter
1. Cut holes in the middle of each Crumpet or English Muffin with a round cookie cutter.
2. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium high heat; brush lightly with Melted Butter.
3. Place the Crumpets on the griddle and place 1 Tbsp. of Melted Butter in the hole of each Crumpet.
4. Crack each Egg into a custard cup; when the Butter is ‘sizzling hot’, slip 1 cracked Egg into the hole in each Crumpet.
5. Cook until the Egg is partially set then baste each Yolk with an additional Tablespoon of Butter and 1 tsp. of Water; cover with a lid and cook for another minute or so or until the Egg is cooked to your liking.
6. Serve hot with Bacon Curls.
12 Slices Bacon
Microwave Proof Plate
1. Place the Bacon between layers of paper towels and cook for 9 minutes or (1/2 minute for each Bacon slice.)
2. The Bacon should be partially cooked but not crisp.
3. Roll each cooked Bacon Slice into a loose curl and fasten with toothpicks.
4. Place on clean sheets of paper towels and return to the microwave and cook an additional half minute for each curl. (Time will vary)
5. The Bacon should now be crisp; blot the excess grease off on dry paper towels; remove the toothpicks and serve.
YIELD – 6 Servings of 2 Curls each