APPLE BROWN BETTY
3 large Granny Smith or 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
Pippin Apples 1 tsp. Cinnamon
Zest of 1 Lemon 1/2 tsp. ground Nutmeg
2 cups soft Bread Crumbs
8 Tbsps. melted Butter
1/2 cup Water Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peel and core the Apples; cut into quarters and slice thinly.
- Mix the Apples and Lemon Zest together with 1 cup of the Bread Crumbs, and 4 Tablespoons of the melted Butter.
- Mix together the Water, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Nutmeg.
- Gently toss the sliced Apples with the Spice mixture. Divide between 6 buttered oven-proof dessert dishes.
- Mix the remaining Bread Crumbs with the rest of the melted Butter.
- Top the Apples with the Buttered Crumbs; place on a shallow baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the Apples are tender.
- Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream.
Yield: 6 Servings