2 lbs. Farmer, Hoop or Ricotta Cheese
or 1 ½ lbs. Farmer type Cheese & ½ lb. Cream Cheese
2 Tbsps. Sugar (or to taste)
1 tsp. Vanilla (optional)
- Mash the Cheese with a fork.
- Beat the Eggs and add to the Cheese along with the Sugar and Vanilla.
- Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Use as filling for the Blintzes.
TO FILL THE BLINTZES:
- Lay each pancake out on a work surface.
- Place a tablespoon or so (depending on the size of the pancake) on each pancake. Fold over the sides to make a square. If you prefer long blintzes, just fold over two sides.
- For the Blintz Casserole, follow the preceding directions.
- For individual Blintzes, cook the pancake on one side only and place the filling on the cooked side. Just before you are ready to serve, fry the Blintzes in a hot skillet with enough Butter to keep them from sticking to the pan.
- Serve hot with Sour Cream and or Applesauce.
Yield: Enough filling for 2 batches of pancakes. For one batch use only 1 large egg or 2 medium.