CHOCOLATE TAPIOCA PUDDING
1 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate
1 cup whole Milk
½ cup Cream or Half & Half*
½ cup Granulated Sugar
3 Tbsps. Tapioca Starch**
¼ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. unsalted Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Sift the Sugar, Starch and Salt together.
- Heat the Chocolate with ½ cup of the Milk over low heat or in the microwave. Whisk to completely blend the Chocolate into the Milk.
- Heat the remainder of the Milk and Cream in a 2 quart saucepan; when bubbles start to form around the edge, add the Chocolate mixture to the warm milk and mix well.
- Slowly stir in the Tapioca Mixture; cook and stir (over medium-low heat) until the Pudding is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Transfer to individual serving dishes or one bowl.
- If you are using just one bowl, place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding. (This will prevent a skin from forming on top)
- Chill before serving or serve warm with Whipped Cream on top, if desired.
Yield: 6 – 8 Servings (This Pudding is very rich, so keep the Servings small)
*Cornstarch may be used in place of the Tapioca Starch. The texture will be slightly different.
**Whole Milk may be used instead of Cream