PIZZELLE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
1 ½ cups Sugar
1 cup Melted Butter
2 Tbsps. Vanilla
3 1/2 cups Flour
4 tsps. Baking Powder
Ice Cream (your favorite flavor of dipping consistency)
- Beat the Eggs; slowly add the Sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cooled Butter and Vanilla.
- Combine the Flour and Baking Powder and beat into the Egg mixture; beat until very smooth. (You will have a thick batter)
- Preheat a double pizzelle iron* (2 pizzelle per unit) until the indicator light goes out.
- Drop 1 scant tablespoon of Batter on the middle of each grid; close and bake for 30 seconds.
- Remove the Cookie from the iron and place on a dish or serving tray.
* A four per unit will work also, but not one which is too big
ASSEMBLING THE SANDWICHES:
- Place one of the Pizzelle on a serving plate; place a scoop of Ice Cream on it.
- Place the second Pizzelle over the Ice Cream; press down gently to slightly flatten the Ice Cream and to create the sandwich.
- Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
Yield: 1 Quart of Ice Cream will make about 8 sandwiches.
The above recipe for pizzelle will make about 40. Use any leftovers for cookies and snacking.