1/4 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
2 tsps. Cornstarch
1 cup Milk
3 Tbsps. unsalted Butter
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- Blend the Sugar, Flour and Cornstarch together.
- Stir in the Egg and mix until smooth.
- In a heavy stainless steel saucepan, heat the Milk to a simmer.
- Stir into the Egg mixture until blended; pour all back into the sauce pan and cook over high heat stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Remove from the heat when the center bubbles and the Cream has thickened.
- Stir in the Butter and Vanilla until the Butter is completely incorporated.
- Spoon into a clean bowl, cover and chill until needed.
- Use as filling for Pies, Éclairs, Cream Puffs or Napoleons.