3 Peaches 2 cups Raspberries
2 Tbsps. Lemon Juice
1 cup Sugar ½ cup Sugar
¼ cup Lemon Juice
Zest of one Lemon Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1 Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
- Combine the Sugar, Lemon Juice, Zest and Vanilla Bean in a stainless steel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; shut off and allow to remain on the burner for 10 minutes.
- To remove the peel from the Peaches, slit the skin with a small paring knife, then submerge in boiling water for 1- 2 minutes; the skin should then come off easily with the tip of the paring knife.
- Slice the Peaches, then poach in the Syrup just until tender. (One or two minutes)
- Remove from the syrup and allow to cool.
- To make the Raspberry (Melba) Sauce, puree the Raspberries with the Lemon Juice; add sugar to taste.
- To serve, place a scoop of Ice Cream in each of 6 serving dishes; arrange the Peaches around the Ice Cream and top with the Raspberry Sauce.
- Garnish with Whipped Cream and Toasted Almonds.
YIELD: 6 Servings