STRAWBERRY CHANTILLY CREPE FILLING
1 Pint fresh Strawberries
¼ cup Granulated Sugar
1 Pint Whipping Cream
1 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
1 Pkg. frozen sliced Strawberries
1 Pkg. unflavored Gelatin
- Thaw the frozen Berries and drain the juice into a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the Gelatin over the Strawberry Juice; allow to stand until the Gelatin softens.
- Heat the Gelatin/Juice mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds or until it liquefies.
- Add the Berries to the Juice Mixture and mix well.
- Place the bowl with the Berries and Juice in the refrigerator and allow to set for one hour.
- Serve over the filled Crepes.
- Wash and dry Berries; remove the hulls.
- Slice the Berries; sprinkle with the Granulated Sugar and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Whip the Cream until it forms soft peaks; add the Powdered Sugar and Vanilla and continue whipping until the Cream forms stiff peaks.
- Fold in the sweetened Berries.
NOTE: Strawberry Chantilly may also be served in parfait glasses with the topping spooned over the cream mixture.
YIELD – Enough for 8 Crepes