1 ½ cups + 2 Tbsps. Whipping Cream
1 1/2 tsps. Gelatin
¼ cup Superfine Sugar (divided)
1 Pint Strawberries
- In a small bowl sprinkle the Gelatin over the 2 Tbsps. Whipping Cream. Once the Gelatin has softened, place in the microwave for 30 seconds to dissolve the Gelatin.
- Add the softened Gelatin to the remaining Whipping Cream and mix well.
- Place the Cream in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes for it to cool.
- Wash and dry the Strawberries; remove the hulls and set about 6 Berries aside for Garnish.
- Place the remaining Berries and half the Sugar in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade; run the Processor until the Berries are pureed.
- Transfer the pureed Berries to a small bowl.
- When the Cream has chilled sufficiently transfer to the Food Processor (use the same bowl as the Berries were pureed in – no need to wash first).
- Whip the Cream along with the remaining Sugar until stiff and then return the Berries to the Processor; pulse just to combine the Berries with the Cream.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or parfait glasses.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve; garnish with sliced or fanned Berries and additional Whipped Cream along with Mint Leaves, if so desired.
Yield: 6 Servings
Note: You can whip the whole pint of cream and then save some for garnish.