WHITE CHOCOLATE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
1 ¾ cups Chocolate Cookie Crumbs 1 Pint fresh Blueberries
6 Tbsps. unsalted Butter, melted 2 Tbps. Butter
3 Tbsps. + 2 tsps. Sugar 4 Tbsps. Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
1 Tbsp. Cold Water
8 oz. White Chocolate, chopped
7 Tbsps. Water
4 (8 oz.) Pkgs. Cream Cheese, at room temperature
¾ cup Sugar
¼ tsp. Salt
3 large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the Crust ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9” springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Place the chopped Chocolate and Water in a 1 qt. glass bowl and Microwave for 1 minutes; remove from the Microwave and stir until the Chocolate is completely melted. Set aside.
- Beat the Cream Cheese in a large bowl (or use the Food Processor) until it is smooth. (About 30- 45 seconds)
- Beat in the Salt and Sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- Beat in the Eggs, one at a time until just blended.
- Add the melted White Chocolate to the Cream Cheese Batter and stir until completely mixed in.
- Stir the Vanilla into the remaining Batter.
- Place the springform pan onto a baking sheet. Pour the Batter onto the baked Cookie Crumbs.
- Bake the Cake on the baking sheet at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until the edges are puffed and the top is dry to the touch.
- Center should move slightly when pan is tapped but should not ripple as if liquid.
- Cool completely on a wire rack; remove from the pan and top with the Blueberry Compote.
- *To crush the cookie crumbs, use your food processor with the metal chopping blade or place in a 1 Qt. Plastic Ziploc® bag and crush with your rolling pin.
- Rinse the Blueberries and drain.
- Melt the Butter in a medium size saucepan; add the Brown Sugar; when the Sugar melts, add the Lemon Juice and Blueberries.
- Cook just until the Berries start to release their juice; stir the Cornstarch with the Cold Water and stir into the Berries.
- Cook just until the mixture thickens. (About 1-2 minutes)
- When the Cheesecake has cooled and been plated spread the Berries on top; chill for about one hour.
- To serve, bring the Cake to room temperature. Cut small slices as this cake is very rich.