WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
1 ¾ cups Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
6 Tbsps. unsalted Butter, melted
3 Tbsps. + 2 tsps. Sugar
8 oz. White Chocolate, chopped
4 (8 oz.) Pkgs. Cream Cheese, at room temperature
¾ cup Sugar
¼ tsp. Salt
3 large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the Crust ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9” spring form pan.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Place the chopped Chocolate 1 qt. glass bowl and Microwave for 1 minute; remove from the Microwave and stir until the Chocolate is completely melted. Set aside.
- Beat the Cream Cheese in a large bowl (or use the Food Processor) until it is smooth. (About 30-45 seconds)
- Beat in the Salt and Sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- Beat in the Eggs, one at a time until just blended.
- Add the melted White Chocolate to the Batter and mix thoroughly until all the Chocolate is combined with the Batter.
- Stir the Vanilla into the Batter.
- Place the spring form pan onto a baking sheet. Pour the Chocolate Batter onto the baked Cookie Crumbs.
- Bake the Cake on the baking sheet at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until the edges are puffed and the top is dry to the touch.
- Center should move slightly when pan is tapped but should not ripple as if liquid.
- Cool completely on a wire rack; release the lock on the spring form pan and remove the sides. Leave the cake on the bottom until served. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate overnight.
Note: It is normal for cheesecakes to crack slightly on top; blueberry topping, sliced and glazed strawberries or chocolate curls may be placed on top to finish the cake with.
*To crush the cookie crumbs, use your food processor with the metal chopping blade or place in a 1 Qt. Plastic Ziploc® bag and crush with your rolling pin.
Yield: 12-14 Servings